Exercise insertion - Help would be greatly appreciated!

Started by Sayjin, November 29, 2008 · 2 Replies · 2,591 Views

Sayjin

Hey guys,

This is my first real post here, and I hope to contribute more to the forums once my knowledge actually allows me to :)

I recently received Coach Sommers book and I am blown away by how step-by-step it is. I tried out the rings as a workout on Thanksgiving since all the gyms were closed and I was able to do 3x5 or both dips and pullups, followed by a set of pushups and rows just to mess around.

On Monday I'm beginning the exercise portion of a 6 month nutrition/exercise overhaul program, and I'll be working with weights 4 days out of the week (Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri). However, I'd like to take this opportunity to get my feet wet regarding gymnastic movements. Going through the book, I've highlighted 3 movements that I want to work on:

1) L-Sit Progression

2) XR Dips

3) Back Lever Progression

I want to use the protocol where you use one progression for 8-12 weeks at the same intensity (reps,static hold time) and then move on to more difficult progressions after the 2-3 month period. My problem is that I'm unsure how to include these into my program either before my strength work or on my off days. I'd like to work these movements 3-4 times a week or even more if I can keep the volume low.

Any suggestion would be more than welcome, as I'm at a complete loss even after reading the various FAQs and links on the board.

Thanks,

-Sayjin

Blairbob

I'd recommend into your normal program after the WU in the skill section and as strength work. Kind of depends on what sort of lifting program you are on.

Sayjin

Thanks Blairbob, I'll take a look at that warm up now.