One Step Left For Front Lever! Exciting

Started by ausswe, November 18, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,096 Views

ausswe

This post is just out of excitement about progression in the front lever.

I felt like I was stuck with a 20 second flat tuck for months didn't progress at all! Then I started to regress and 15 seconds my form started to fail. I became quite demotivated and stopped training it instead without realising it I started a kind o freeze the groove type approach every day I went to the climbing gym I would try so a full lay front pull going up to horizontal and then falling down keeping my body ridged. Eventually that became more controlled and I lowered a bit slower but again it felt like I was stagnating. Now after a week or 2 of not doing any more front lever work I pulled up I to a straddle for 5 seconds! The best part is I am hung over and recovering from a cold so I can not wait until later in the week when I feel at my best again!

Moral of the story don't give up just take some rest an change your approach slightly when things start to stagnate :)

Cheers everyone!

Joey Frad

so what you're saying is consuming alcohol leads to front levers :P

just kidding, good job! you went from an isometric hold to a dynamic exercise so i'm sure that helped a bit

ausswe

Haha well I was almost comvinced by a friend of mine that drinking lots if beer made you stronger because all he did was train about once a week and then drank lots of beer and he went from a tuck front lever to doing half lay tick tocks in about a month or 2