Killroy's Static Programming Or Mine?

Started by Cappe, November 18, 2012 · 1 Replies · 8,298 Views

Cappe

Hi! :)

Recently I heard about prereq exercises and I did start doing 3 sets of 60s hollow and arch hold and 3 x 30s german hang.

I'm still not sure if what I'm doing is the best...

This is what I'm doing at the moment for FSP (not including FBE work):

I'm doing a upper/lower body split 2 times each so 4 times a week.

Two times a week I do this as FL and PL work:

A1. Hollow body hold - 3 x 60s

A2. Arch body hold - 3 x 60s

B. Adv. tuck front lever in rings - 7-10 x 8s

C. Planche leans on floor - 3 x 20 secs

Two times a week I do this as BL and HS work:

A. L-sit - 3 x 19s

B. German hang on a bar - 3 x 30s

C. HS, stomach against to wall - 4 x 15s

So the question is, isn't it better starting something like Killroy's static programming:

All exercises at all workouts, 8 sets of everything every day without one that is a light day with 4-5 sets.

A1. Planche - planche leans, 8 sets of 15 seconds

A2. Back lever - flat tuck, 8 sets of 10 seconds

A3. Front lever - adv. tuck, 8 sets of 8 seconds

A4. Handstand - wall handstand, stomach against wall, 8 sets of 15 secs

On a fifth day I do some L-sit work.

What do you think? Is this better, for me it seems to be loads better but I've got zero experience with gymnastics...

Cappe

I've read a bit more about this now and according to most people prereq are totally worth doing, but I might do it once a week on the fifth day maybe?

3 sets of Hollow and arch hold, L-sit, german hang and (maybe plank or reverse plank or what do you think)?

And on the other 4 workout days I do what I wrote above?