Hey guys!!
Okay so I've been kicking around Gymnastic bodies and doing the WOD'S for about a year now, and i've finally decided to change my tact and work up my FBE and FSP's to a point where I'm proficient enough, and then dive back into the WOD'S.
I've been finding it difficult personally to scale back the WOD'S and at the same time keep track of progress and acheive specific goals. I think I'm just someone who works better having a plan that I know I can not think about from workout to workout if that makes sense?
Also I'm a touring musician and on the road quite alot so I'm hoping this new system will cater to that lifestyle a bit better too. After reading around a lot I've decided to put together a routine based around the KILLROY70 routine reccommended by many here at the forum. One thing I've added is, I've gone all the way back to the pre reqs to establish the proper foundation, but in the meantime, until I can effectively work the FSP'S I've added in work with one of them each day of the week, I'm hoping this will build familiarity without being too much work (would love to hear your thoughts on this!)
Here's what my routine looks like -
(Pre Reqs are currently - 3 x 35 secs hollow, arch, plank, reverse plank, dead hang, 3x 20 secs XR support hold, Wall handstand)
MONDAY - Pre Reqs, L Sit work ( 3 x 10 pb low) + Horizontal plane pushing and pulling FBE
TUESDAY - Pre Reqs + Front Lever work + Curling and dipping variations
WEDNESDAY - Rest Day
THURSDAY - Pre Reqs + Planche Work + Pullup and Hespu Variation
FRIDAY - Pre Reqs + BL Work + Multiplane pulling Variations + Varied Pressing Work
Rest Saturday and sunday
NOTES:
I plan on doing all of the FBE as 5x5 sets, with the exercise I think I can acheive that with. so for example yesterday I began this training (on a tuesday) and after my pre reqs and BL work I did -
A) 3 X Inverted Curl (hands to waist)
B) 3 x XR dips
10-20 secs between exercises and 3 mins between sets.
I felt like this was hard by the end but not too hard so next week I'm going to increase to 4 reps, until I can do 5 sets of these 5 exercises, then I'll progress to something harder (exactly like the killroy template)
Eventually the pre-reqs will turn into proper FSP'S and I'll cease working individual ones every day.
I'll be working the individual FSPS are 3 sets by 10 to begin with and keep adding time to progress)
Eventually once I've built up proficiency in my goal movements, I'll dive back into the WOD'S with a better foundation and understanding of the movements.
If its worth anything I'm also Paleo and Just started experimenting with the Leangains Method of Intermittent fasting.
I'm not looking to figure anything out particularly It's just always nice to get advice and suggestions before launching into something new!
My short term goals are 5x perfect form Muscle ups, 10+ pullups + chinups perfect form, 10+ dips perfect form, Solid Handstand without wall for 10 secs + Eventually one arm chins, pushups, and Planche, FL, BL, L-Sit etc. And the ever elusive Gymnastics Physique (I know this is more a diet issue)
Keen to hear any thoughts anyone has to share, I'll be keeping track on my log!
Tom.