This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front Lever Training

Started by dritar, November 14, 2012 · 27 Replies · 15,436 Views

B1214N
dritar said:

Thanks B1214N, I know that the levers are the most disadvantages positions, but atleast for me I still find holding them in an isometric hold easier than moving with control over all the range of a 360 pulls while keeping the arms straight. Specially the german hang to inverted hang part.I'll keep working back pulls and front pulls separately then.

Of course a concentric contraction is harder than an isometric. I thought you were referring to some other part of the angle to be harder than the lever angle. You might feel that hang to inverted hang is harder than hang to lever because the ROM of is more and you may not have the strength to pull the later half to inverted hang because you've used all your strength in the first half. 

dritar
Well I'm pretty happy now, as I was able to perform a back pull in tuck position (yes, I know, a tuck back pull is something that 6 years olds can do without training :), but for me it is something). After doing one, I did some more and seems kinda silly now how I couldn't do it before...

 

Usually, after doing tuck BL I drop into german hang and hold it there for a while. I never managed to do a back pulls before (always ended up not being able to get past horizontal), but today it just clicked and I was able to perform the tucked back pull all the way to inverted hang and from inverted hang to hang. 

 

Felt great on the shoulders too ! It would be cool to stop in a tuck front lever when going from inverted hang to hang but in a bar I don't see how that's doable (due to not being able to change grip in the middle of the movement).

 

Thanks for all the help GB forumites.