Gymnastics, Posture, and Injury - A Question for Coach Somme

Started by azey47, November 27, 2008 · 3 Replies · 2,315 Views

azey47

Hello Coach Sommer,

I read an interesting article on DragonDoor about postural problems in gymnasts and specific flexibility issues (eg. ankled are tight in dorsiflexion): http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/320/

Would you be so kind as to address the various issues he brings up? I feel my level of knowledge about gymnastics is not quite high enough, as I am basically a complete beginner.

Thank you so much,

Andrew

P.S. My book order has been processed! I'm so excited for it to arrive!

Edward Smith

Hi,

Check this post, http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=811. Like Coach Sommer states (as well as the author, of the article) is you need a properly designed workout program. This includes making sure there are no major strength imbalances, joint preparation, proper rest, etc.

Ed

azey47

Oh wow, sorry for the repeat question. Thanks for the link :)

Edward Smith

No worries.

Ed