I'm at my fancy homemade gym. ![]()
This is a few days after I first learned them on the ground, I could do it on a trampoline a long time before this though.
Started by sasquatch, November 26, 2008 · 6 Replies · 3,017 Views
I'm at my fancy homemade gym. ![]()
This is a few days after I first learned them on the ground, I could do it on a trampoline a long time before this though.
Nice one dude! Great landing too, perfect
! Man I would love to be able to do a front and backflip once day, seems I'm abit scared to actually try without being taught properly
How did you get to the point where you are now? Self taught? ![]()
Peace,
Mike
Are you Sasquatch on Chalkbucket? I think you pm'd over there.
Nice. You're throwing your head back and that's what's causing the travel. You have plenty of vert and you are built light which is a good thing.
Thanks for watching it.
The way I learned a back tuck was first I learned a backflip on my friends trampoline, It took me a long time to learn it on the tramp because I didn't have a spotter, but eventually I got brave enough to spin over my head. Once you do that it gets way easier.The way I learned it on regular ground is, first I had to learn how to back tuck on a trampoline, then I went to the beach and did it off a sand hill, after that I tried it on the regular sand, and then I went home and tried it at my olympic arena you see in the vid lol. I couldn't do it too high at first though. standing front tuck is alot harder though.
Oh and yea I'm sasquatch on the chalk bucket.I'm built really light, I'm 6-4 and 162 lbs.
edit. I just realised there's a digital coaching section of the forum, I should have put this there, sorry.
Blairbob said:Are you Sasquatch on Chalkbucket? I think you pm'd over there.Nice. You're throwing your head back and that's what's causing the travel. You have plenty of vert and you are built light which is a good thing.
Hey, I tried what you said, I'm able to land in the same spot now, thanks.
I think it makes me tuck into a tighter ball because sometimes I over-rotate.
A line is another good tool. A piece of athletic works fine, anything really.
Now that you can land on the line and are starting to over-rotate, either start working back pike or not tucking as much.
Thanks, I'm gonna try learn the pike.Blairbob said:A line is another good tool. A piece of athletic works fine, anything really.Now that you can land on the line and are starting to over-rotate, either start working back pike or not tucking as much.
I tried to do a backflip today without tucking or bringing my knees forward, is that called a whipback?
The flood we had actually lifted my ramp up and moved it onto my patio, it's uneven.... now I'm doing flips on mud coverd by a rug.lol