Hey there,
I watched some videos on youtube and read the BtGB book and I really want to get started. Actually I am into strenght training with bodyweight exercises for more than two years, but I didn't stick to my routines for a long time. I changed them over and over again to find out what is the best for me and I ended up with no idea. So now I want to give SSC and FSP and FBE a try. So for the last two years I tried to find a training routine that fits into my other trainings and physical activities. So Yesterday I designed a trainingschedule for myself and think I need some guidance to get everything right.
So my goals are to master a V-Sit, manna, planche pushup, one arm pushup, a one-arm handstand pushup, one arm pullup, muscle up and going from a standing position into a bridge. I also want to learn the back lever and front lever, but at home I have just one pullup bar which very close to the wall and no space to put some rings. So I tested myself on the exercises and here are my records:
tuck L-Sit: 16s
Handstand against Wall: 25
MSH bent: 5s
frog stand: 50s
Pullups:6
Inverted Rows:7
Fingertip Pushups:9
Corner Dips:4
Head Bridges:10
Pistols: 6 each leg
Double Leg Calve Raises of Floor: 80
Bar Hang: 45s
Here is the schedule I designed for myself. I am going the right way to put some skill work in front of the strenght work? I was thinking about changing the pulling and pushing exercises e.g. that I do pullups and pushups on monday and on tuesday rows and dips. And for the skill work I want to if my goal should be to stay in one minute for an exercise. So if I try to improve my L-Sit I devide 60s with 15s and then I do 4 sets for 15s right? Should I do them for every workout?
Monday
AM: 1 hour of Yoga (Flexibility Work)
PM: skill Work (FSP: L-Sit, Handstand, Manna, Planche) / Pulling: Pullups, Rows / Core: Leg Raises / Jumping / Forearms: Bar Hangs / 5km Running
Tuesday
AM: 1 hour of Yoga (Flexibility Work)
PM: skill Work (FSP: L-Sit, Handstand, Manna, Planche) / Pushing: Pushups, Dips / Back: Head Bridges / Calves: Calve Raises / physical activity (Parkour, Cycling, Climbing)
Wednesday
AM: 1 hour of Yoga (Flexibility Work)
PM: skill Work (FSP: L-Sit, Handstand, Manna, Planche) / Pulling: Pullups, Rows / Core: Leg Raises / Squatting: Pistols / Forearms: Bar Hangs / physical activity (Parkour, Cycling, Climbing)
Thursday
AM: 1 hour of Yoga (Flexibility Work)
PM: skill Work (FSP: L-Sit, Handstand, Manna, Planche) / Pushing: Pushups, Dips / Back: Head Bridges / Calves: Calve Raises / physical activity (Parkour, Cycling, Climbing)
Friday
AM: 1 hour of Yoga (Flexibility Work)
PM: physical activity (Parkour, Cycling, Climbing)
Saturday
AM: 1 hour of Yoga (Flexibility Work)
PM: skill Work (FSP: L-Sit, Handstand, Manna, Planche) /Parkour Conditioning Gauntlet + Sprinttraining /Forearms: Bar Hangs / Calves: Calve Raises
So what do you think of the schedule? I am not sure if I am going to overtrain my self with this schedule.
Best regards,
Mike