Russian Dips causing pain

Started by simontrains, October 26, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,344 Views

simontrains

Hi Coach,

I have started training Russian Dips but the transition back up is hurting my lower shoulder/upper tricep area. Should I stop working on this exercise? If so what are some similar exercises to get similar upper arm support strength?

Coach Sommer
simontrains said:
Hi Coach,

I have started training Russian Dips but the transition back up is hurting my lower shoulder/upper tricep area. Should I stop working on this exercise? If so what are some similar exercises to get similar upper arm support strength?

- Yes, you should discontinue Russian Dips and move back to an easier dip variation that you can tolerate comfortably.

- At your current level of strength it is not necessary to worry about upper arm support strength. Focus on where you are, not where you would like to be.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer