Hi people,
I was wondering about periodization recently and about what is better WITH FBEs (!): keeping all the sets and reps the same until the end of a cycle (Steady State Cycle) or always pushing 1-2 reps before failure and then taking a serious back off week after hitting a plateau in traininig (Backing Off).
I read about the latter approach in Steven Low's "Overcoming Gravity" and he has some valid points there. I mean, mostly it is the joints and connective tissue that get overused in training instead of the muscles. And although your work gets easier in a SSC, you still keep on putting your joints under pressure without ever giving them time to recover. And it seems to me (correct me if Im wrong) a SSC is not really necessary in FBEs and gives results a little slower than linear progression would.
It would be great to hear some experiences from you guys who tried both ways and to share your recommendations ![]()
I know that every body is different and I should try it out myself and I will. But it might be that I missed some points and you guys can tell me about your thoughts
Thank you