This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

12 Week Progression

Started by Robert Del Popolo, October 10, 2012 · 27 Replies · 302 Views

Coach Sommer
Robmob said:
... I can perfectly remember when Coach was taking about having Allan on the same program for a YEAR and he kept getting stronger. So Im not worried about staying 12 weeks on one exercise ...

Very good.

Remember that not only the exact same exercises were utilized; but also the exact same load, reps and sets. The only variable that changed over the course of the year was that he was able to complete the workout in less time.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Craig Mallett

Coach,

Was Allan having the half load weeks every 4th week, or just constant doing the exact same reps for the entire year?

Cheers,

Craig

Coach Sommer

- As this was a prolonged SSC, there was no need to schedule a separate deload week as the overload, load and underload aspects are now a natural function of the duration of the SSC.

- I would like to point out that I also now consider SSC a tool for intermediate level GST students and as such it will no longer be included in the forthcoming BtGB 2nd edition. Basically unless you have already mastered RC and HB etc, I believe that your training would be better served by following the progressive programming which we covered at the seminar.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer