Here is my routine.....

Started by CMBTAthlete, October 10, 2012 · 0 Replies · 1,851 Views

CMBTAthlete

So I got BTGB cause Ive always wanted to get the athleticism that Gymnasts have, their strength and conditioning seem like they would be benificial to everything.

Im in the military and a volunteer fire fighter, I do multiple martial arts, hike, kyak, mountain climb etc.

So Im wondering if a strength routine like this is basically what the book is saying, and you think this will be sufficent to replace the pushups and situps till failure garbage that is military PT.

Im looking for incredible functional muscle, love the idea of have such control over your own body! And I think gymnastics will keep me in top shape for any activity I do.

The Routine 3 days a week(M/W/F):

Static Holds:

60s plank

60s reverse plank

60s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Planche work

60s L-sit work

60s Front/Back Lever work

FBE 5X5(to get the hypertrophy):

Pull Ups

Dips

One Legged Squats

One Legged Deadlifts

Handstand Pushups

Pushups

V-Ups

So I would work through the progressions of each exercise that are found in BTGB. The above FBE is more the general exercise because obviously Im at a higher level in some areas then others ( aka I can do 40+ regular pushups so Id have it ampted up)

Goals are to get to Handstand pushups, and L sit, L sit pullups, Front and Back Lever, planche

So is this about right for what I want? or do I got the 5x5 thing wrong is that to little to gain any strength, and is 60s too little time for static holds?

I only have a door mount pullup bar right now, eventually I will buy the Rings, and I will make my own Paraletts...