Choosing Exercises

Started by Joshua Beeston, October 7, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,828 Views

Joshua Beeston

I'm starting to design a routine:

Monday and Thursday: Bent Arm Strength

Tuesday and Friday: Straight Arm Strength

Wednesday and Saturday: Leg Strength

and I am trying to decide which exercises to use. For bent arm days I would like to incorporate Push Ups, Dips, and HSPU, as well as the three different types of pulls from the book, but am not sure whether I should do one day of Push Ups, one day of Dips, etc, because it would be a week and a half between each exercise, or have some days where I do Push ups and Dips, a day dips and HSPU, a day push ups and HSPU? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel Burnham

Its hard to recommend anything to you without knowing your strength levels. In general you don't want to wait that long between exercises unless they are very taxing or are just maintenance.

If you are just starting out then you probably don't need dedicated straight arm days.

More info about what you are capable of will generate a better answer.

Blairbob

I'd swap the straight arm strength days as the day before the bent arm strength days.

As Daniel said, you probably don't need dedicated straight arm strength days unless:

1. you are working on at least intermediate or advanced intermediate straight arm strength

2. you are trying to keep the workouts short