So I just wrote a post about going to Italy,
Now one thing I have been thinking about for this trip is diet. Let's face it Italian food is carb-heavy but as it is a holiday I plan on bending the rules a little. My plan is to try and have only one carb-heavy meal a day and making the other two as paleo friendly as possible.
With my carb meal I will try and get things (most likely things like pizza, pasta, risotto) with some meat in them and olive oil. But with this meal is there a best time slot to put it (breakfast, lunch, dinner) to minimize the insulin response?
The biggest thing I'm want to ask people's advice of is an overall insulin control program. Obviously the best thing I can do is not eat the carbs but I'm giving myself a little slack. So here's a list of things I'm thinking to help control insulin:
-Eat the protein first
-Take Fish Oil before the meal (dosage?)
-Take some Cinammon before a meal
-I'm thinking about something like taking R-isomer Alpha Lipolic Acid
Anyway, hope u guys can help. Cheers,
Ed