Hi! What do you think about my program? :)

Started by Cappe, September 19, 2012 · 4 Replies · 3,065 Views

Cappe

Hi!

I'm new to this forum and I know all newbies to forum asks questions about workout critique, but I am one too now so here we go guys! :D

Stats:

15 y o

177 cm, 61 kg

Doing gymnastic + weight training for legs at the moment and I love it, I've been working out for 1 1/2 year and played soccer for 10 years (still doing it).

My routine, doing main workouts Sun, Tue, Thu, doing Mini workouts Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat off (football 3-4 times a week + sports in school 2 times a week:

Workout A

FSP

Adv. Tuck front lever (rings) 10 x 6s

Tuck planche (pushup handles) 6 x 10s

Adv. Tuck back lever (rings) 5 x 6s (low priority at the moment and I just started it)

FBE

Pistol squats - 3 x 8-15 / 75s

Glute-Ham raises bent hips - 3 x 8-15 / 60s

Ankle jumps - 4 x 10 / 45s

Single bar Dips - 3 x 5 / 60s

Armstrong pullup program day 1

Hanging leg raises - 3 x 5 / 60s

Workout B

FSP

Adv. Tuck front lever (rings) Same as in workout A

Tuck planche (pushup handles) Same as in workout A

Tuck back lever (rings)Same as in workout A

FBE

Reverse Lunges - 3 x 8 / 90s

Single leg hip thrust - 3 x 8 / 60s

Ankle jumps - 4 x 10 / 45s

Pseudo planche pushups - 3 x 5 / 90s

Armstrong pullup program day 3

Hanging leg raises - 3 x 5 / 60s

Workout C

FSP

Adv. Tuck front lever (rings) Same as in workout A

Tuck planche (pushup handles) Same as in workout A

Tuck back lever (rings) Same as in workout A

FBE

Deadlifts - 3 x 5 / 90s

Single leg calf raises - 4 x 10 / 45s

Pike press feet elevated - 3 x 8 / 60s

Armstrong pullup program day 5

Hanging leg raises - 3 x max / 60s

Off days work (mini workout)

L-sit 4 x 15s

Wall Handstand 3 x 25s

Support holds rings 3 x 20s

Armstrong pullup program (day 2 and 4)

I'm testing the Armstrong pullup program at the moment to build up some pulling strength for muscle ups on bars and rings.

What do you think? 8)

Cappe

Anyone here? :?

Karri Kytömaa

You mention Armstrong pullup program with no reference what so ever. I guess I could google but I'm lazy :lol:

You seems to have emphasis on legs, which is of course understandable playing football. If it feels it's working, it probably is :D

Only thing that alarms a bit is that back lever. You say you just started it but with adv. tuck? I might just misunderstand you there, but I'd really suggest training to total 60s hold with tucked variation to make safe and sure progress with the elbows. And be sure to not press into the lats for max gains 8)

Cappe

Back lever: I can hold the tuck version for 60 sec so now I do flat tuck :) I just started the fly version. The pullup program is a 5 dawpullup program to failure all days, tear down method. It includes pyramid sets, max sets, different types of pullups and training reps if you know what it is? :)