Want to constuct routine

Started by Canis, September 9, 2012 · 0 Replies · 1,788 Views

Canis

Hi

I'd like to construct myself a routine to follow, however I don't think that I know enough just yet so I'd like to ask you some questions.

Currently I'm doing routine that I've constructed following advices from: http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/03/the-fundamentals-of-bodyweight-strength-training/

which is:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday

-handstand

-running 60 minutes

-ab-wheel workout

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday

skill work:

-handstand

-l-sit

pushing:

-planche

-dips

pulling:

-back lever

-pull-ups

legs:

-pistols

Training is taxing and I know that there will be results. However I'm not really convinced that it is optimal. I come from bodybuilding background and I'm used to doing split training where every day I target different muscle group. I'm well aware that most of bodyweight exercises are compound and training has to differ but I don't know if full body workout is the best way to go. I know that if I keep continuing with this routine I'll hit plateau fairly quick. Would changing FSP every two-three weeks and getting different sets of FBE for every day plus changing FBE sets every couple of weeks would be more beneficial?