FSP and WOD for 3 x week schedule questions

Started by Eric Xavier, September 5, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,857 Views

Eric Xavier

Hello all,

I have been asking myself if I am doing something wrong and am reading some contradictory things in the history search of the forum.

I train three times a week. MWF for example.

I use the same four FSP's every MWF. (L sit, Planche, Back Lever, Front Lever) Is this correct or should I break them up into A and B workouts like the rest of my workout?

For WOD''s and starting with them I read a few threads that made it clear you can start them on any recent monday and keep going from there. However I notice that are set up for 4x week training schedule. How do I apply this to a 3x week schedule. Just do the in order anyway and have a longer than 30 day cycle?

Thanks for any tips

Daniel Burnham

The wods are based on a 4 day a week schedule. If you only have three days I personally wouldn't use them.

In a three day schedule I would work the full body each time. So start out with the FSPs then move into supporting strength work.

I would pick one push and one pull for the days and then do some core work. If you need some leg stuff you could dedicate wednesday strength work to core and legs.

Eric Xavier

Thanks Daniel

That is exactly what I am doing now. I was only wondering about the FSP's in a 3x week routine. I do all four every day. Is this correct or should I break them up and alternate them?

Thanks

Daniel Burnham

You can work all of them each day without much problem. Just listen to your body. I have a hard time working back lever and planche same day now since I have full lay and straddle. Earlier I could do them both same day. Just depends on what intensity you are at. Too much volume with too much intensity will noticeably overtrain you.

Blairbob
The wods are based on a 4 day a week schedule. If you only have three days I personally wouldn't use them.

3 of my boy's teams only trained 3 days a week. One of those teams used the GB WOD at the time and it worked fine for them. A lot of the time I could combine say the lower body and HS WOD's together during the same day.

Doing the FSP's just 3x/week is fine. 4 is if you can handle it when you are ready.