Wow I had no idea the NT scale for exertion was that far out of line, no wonder I've been wanting to eat more than it says in the PWO window!
I really like some the analogies you're putting up Josh.
I definitely like the concept, it's completely logical, and doesn't need to invoke any arcane theory or ingredients to succeed. IMHO NT should form the backbone of one's nutritional planning, over that layer any other ideas about food you might like. If you like poptarts fine, I'm using Vitargo mostly for carb replacement, but honestly where there's a will there's a way.
The big issue with NT is it can turn into a calorie counters nightmare. I'm willing to ball park it after a week of trying to work out calories using the NT interface. Too many inaccuracies for it to be worth using on a daily basis, but once you have the basic idea it's just a routine to follow.