Hi Guys,
After a powerlifting injury (Disc problem) I have had to find a new way for working out. I discovered this type of training and am quite fascinated by it and honestly wish i had discovered it earlier. I have Coach Sommer's book Gymnastics Bodies and am looking to put together a program however have a couple of questions. I'm looking to put together a program that uses the static holds and the body weight training together. From the programming section I have come up with the following combinations for 4 days:
Day 1:
---------
Warm up
Static Holds: L-Sit, Straddle L, Manna (Progressions)
Body Weight: Core Variations.
Day 2:
---------
Warm up
Static Holds: Back Lever (Progressions)
Body Weight: Upper pulling variations
Day 3:
----------
Warm up
Static Holds: Front Lever (Progressions)
Body Weight: Leg variations
Day 4:
----------
Warm up
Static Holds: Planche (Progressions)
Body Weight: Upper pressing variations
How does that look? And are those static holds paired with the right body weight exercises?
Also something that wasn't immediately clear was what sequence to do the body weight exercises and the holds in. For example if i'm working on the very first hold in the Planche progression lets call it Static Hold #1 and I am going to do 4 body weight exercises that day. Would the progression be: 1 set static hold #1 -> 1 set body weight Ex 1, 1 set static hold #1, 1 set body weight Ex 2... etc So I complete one set of the static holds then go into a set of body weight exercises. Or do I finish all the static holds then complete all the body weight exercises after?
The last thing is i'm planning on training 2 days on one day off 2 days on one day off so it would look like
Monday (day 1)
Tuesday (day 2)
Wednesday (rest day)
Thursday (day 3)
Friday (day 4)
Saturday (rest day)
Sunday (day 1)
Monday (day 2)
Tuesday (rest day)
Wednesday (day 3)
Thursday (day 4)
Friday (rest day)
....etc
What do people think of that?
I love to hear from more experienced people that have been doing gymnastics training for a couple of years.
Thanks!