I get really low blood glucose towards the middle to end of my workouts. After experimenting, I confirmed that I could easily fix this by increasing sugar intake during the session. And now I require a convenient way to administer glucose. I was using gatorade the past few workouts, but I think it is pretty costly to continually purchase bottled gatorade. Furthermore, gatorade is probably not the healthiest of options.
I would eat grapes or raisins, but I prefer having a drink for convenience. Plus, my hands usually get dirty while working out.
I had a preworkout meal of two sweet potatoes and some veggies/protein source before experimenting each time:
-I tried honey, but it made me feel gross. And two teaspoons was not sufficient for the workout. (not cost effective)
-I also tried having one banana, but that was not enough. I needed gatorade in addition to achieve normal blood-glucose levels.
-about a half to 3/4 of a 20 oz bottle of gatorade did the trick.
If there are better options than a sugary drink, please do tell. I will pick up some raisins today and see how well they work for me. I just want to explore my options and see what others have to say.