Hello&Thx

Started by Karri Kytömaa, August 20, 2012 · 0 Replies · 1,729 Views

Karri Kytömaa

Hello all nice people!

I'm 24 year old male coming from parkour background, moving through some kettlebell training to crossfit and now giving some more attention to gymnastics due the great book and these forums. (Besides I read coach is coming to Finland! Yay, I just hope I can get some money...)

Mainly my point was just to introduce myself and thank you all, especially Coach who has made this all possible.

But couple of quite unrelated questions.

Is it just me, or is pressing to handstand from headstand somehow different from doing a HeSPU? Because I can do couple of HeSPUs even with little elevation, head gently touching ground. But if I take pressure of my hands and rest on my head, I can't seem to push up. Maybe it's just me, but if it's not, I'd like understand why.

Other Q is what are your thoughts on so called "volume training" in crossfit, where you perform hard to do movement every minute for 20 minutes or so?

Once again thanks, I hope I can some day contribute something at least slightly meaningful here.