On wich days should I do my gymnastic work?

Started by Thesecondname, August 15, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,070 Views

Thesecondname

Hi there.

I'm doing weightlifting several times a week. (mon/tue/friday and saturday)

mon: squat+ assistance work (legs)

tue: dips/closegrip bench press/curl work (arms)

friday: pullups/deadlifts/pullwork (back)

satruday: benchpress +assitance and shoulder press + some assitance work

L-sits (can do 40-45sec hold on the floor)

Dragonflags (can do several for reps)

(hanging) Leg raises

...these three exercise on sunday morning (3 sets each)

But I like to learn Front/back levers, free handstand, muscle ups and planches (holds) too

I already can a tucked one leg front lever for 3-5 second.

On which days should I do my handstand work?

On which days should I do my lever work?

On wich days should i do my press work?

So levers , handstands and planches are Static state holds right? Doing them on the same day?

I hope you can give me advice!

Blairbob

You can use a Steady State Cycle for Planche and the Levers. You don't have to for Handstand work, but you can if want.

Handstand is something you could probably work on every day if you want.

You could either do the gymnastics on your off days, coupled with your weightlifting days, or on the same day several hours before or after those gym workouts.

Thesecondname

Ok thanks.

I'll be doing planche and lever work on my off days. Should 2 times a week enough, especially at the beginning stage?

I'll do it SSC-style ofcourse, seems to work for a lot of people, so by myself