recovery periods and low volume

Started by Jean-Rene Losier, August 12, 2012 · 3 Replies · 6,815 Views

Jean-Rene Losier

Alright, just to give a little what's up at the current situation: I've just finished my firs 8 weeks SSC. I was thinking after doing this, that a good week off might be in order to just help my body fully recover before starting my next SSC. But now after reading the boards a bit, I'm kind of questioning that decision by wondering if I should simply do a low volume week instead.

Although I'm not too sure how that would be done because I was doing what I'd consider pretty low volume anyway as I'm being very careful with slowly progressing my FSP and FBEs properly.

For example, my Monday's looked like this:

L-sit - PB 12x5sec

Straddle - bent - 15x4sec

Manna - MSH bent - 20x3sec

Push ups- XP PPP 3x2-5

Front Lever row - flat tuck 3x2-5

Deck Squats 3x2-5

V-Up - tucks 3x2-5

I train M,T,T,F with a somewhat different workout every day consisting of the same basic idea: 3 FSP followed by push/pull and leg/core.

So if it was beneficial to choose to do low volume work instead of just taking the entire week off, how would the workout scheme mentioned here look like?

Thanks for any help! This training has been amazing to do and the results have been incredible in only 2 months time strength wise.

Blairbob

Cut a 1/3 to 1/2 of the volume on your rest week.

Or you could simply spend the week retesting your maxes.

Vincent Stoyas

You need a rest week if you follow A SSC?

Thought that incorporated a deload period in it already?

Blairbob

SSC do not but you can choose to do a rest week after finishing a cycle.