Back lever on the ground

Started by chauinc, November 15, 2008 · 57 Replies · 13,017 Views

chauinc

Yeah that one is really close just missing the parallel hips

AlexX

I know this is old but thought I would say that as impossible as CTI sounds and looks and feels for those that tried, there are quite a few witnesses to Jasper doing it in that picture. The picture was taken when he was in front of a large audience, its just that most people dont know what's being performed. I forgot the names but a few famous bodyweight enthusiasts confirmed seeing the cti.

As for myself I am a great skeptic so I am never sold on stories but would just like to share the info I came across when researching it.

Gregor

even that picture is far from strict form of CTI....I belive in CTI as much as one arm planche or one arm iron cross...

ashita

does one arm planche exist ?

i just type in youtube : one arm planche

and i have found this :

that is really one arm planche , looks kind of one arm handstand though

Ido Portal

ashita,

that is a an impressive display of strength and balance, but it is not the one arm planche - due to a bent elbow.

Gregor

Not just due to the bent elbow, but whole body is not in the planche position at all, way to much on side position...This is imposible to do.

AlexX

yea that video looks like a one arm handstand more, it reminded me of this picture http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/blog/la ... anche.html. This guys claims its a planche with a 55 dumbbell, I am no expert but looks like a one arm handstand with the dumbbell used as counter weight. I dont know if this picture is real but I would guess this is as close as you can get to a one arm planche, what do you think of the body position Gregor:

http://www128.pair.com/r3d4k7/Chinups.html - scroll to the picture of Professor P. H. Paulinetti

Coach Sommer

I would prefer for links to this individual not be posted on the forum; his integrity is severely lacking and his technical knowledge is rudimentary at best. A short time ago, he plagarized one of my articles, copying it in its entirety, listed himself as the author and then posted it on his website as his own. Upon being notified of the copyright infringement, he apologized for his indiscretion, changed the name on the article to my own and then still had the nerve to ask for a favor :?.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer