Back lever on the ground

Started by chauinc, November 15, 2008 · 57 Replies · 13,017 Views

chauinc

I was wondering if any one has seen any videos or anything of someone doing a back lever on the ground. When i say that i mean a manna but the feet are pointed in the other direction and the body is parallel to the ground. So it would look like a a planche but backwards kinda. The best way i think i could illustrate this is to imagine someone doing a back lever upside down with their hands on the ground. Is this even possible? Is their a name for it?

kbryk

Not a true back lever, I've seen break dancers do it, not sure what is is called. Cool looking skill.

Razz

There is a move called reverse planche maybe thats what you are thinking of. Try to google 'reverse planche'

chauinc
Razz said:
There is a move called reverse planche maybe thats what you are thinking of. Try to google 'reverse planche'

all i get are pictures of hollow backs or is that what you guys are talking about? What i'm looking for is more like a person pushing into manna and keeping their legs forward with a straight body not a hollow back. They are very similar though.

Blairbob

I once saw a diagram for a stretched manna though I believe the body was vertical and not horizontal.

Ideal Paradigm
chauinc said:
Razz said:
There is a move called reverse planche maybe thats what you are thinking of. Try to google 'reverse planche'

all i get are pictures of hollow backs or is that what you guys are talking about? What i'm looking for is more like a person pushing into manna and keeping their legs forward with a straight body not a hollow back. They are very similar though.

You're basically talking about someone who would look like they're lying on their back in mid-air but their hands and arms are pushing off the floor so that their body is off the floor, correct?

chauinc

yes basically. I couldn't think of a good way too describe it.

Blairbob

You realize this would be insane. Imagine stopping at horizontal during a parallel bar swing. Or pressing up to it.

Aushion Chatman

Whoa...yeah this would be ridiculous...could you imagine a back lever but being on top of rings instead of under them? That has to be impossible...even on the ground. No?

James Davidson

so basically your looking at someone doing something like this but on the floor?

68large.jpg

chauinc

Yeah james thats pretty much it. Because if the close to impossible can be done this has to be able to be done too.

braindx
chauinc said:
Yeah james thats pretty much it. Because if the close to impossible can be done this has to be able to be done too.

Harder than the close to impossible.

And the close to impossible is kinda debatable I guess...

chauinc

well I'm not saying this is harder because i really don't know, its just if Jasper Benincasa can do the CTI I'm quite sure this move can be done.

Gregor
chauinc said:
well I'm not saying this is harder because i really don't know, its just if Jasper Benincasa can do the CTI I'm quite sure this move can be done.

I realy want to see CTI, I don't belive it's practicly possible, like front planche. Maybe in theory.

And I don't want to see pictures, because even I can snapshot myself in just the right time and say: "look I've done, what nobody did before me"...So just video :!:

chauinc

I know what you mean but the only picture I've found of someone doing it is the Jasper photo off the interview at Beast Skills. I think that it is a pretty legitimate source and with the other accomplishments Jasper has i wouldn't be surprised if he could do the CTI.

jasperbenincasaCTI.jpg

Gregor

I still don't belive it was done...Here you can not see if he is standing and you can not evaluate if he holded that position or was just snap-shoted on just the right time.

Mark Weaver

That video looks like his left arm is extended, but his right arm is bent and his body is close to the bar before he slides to the left.

David Picó García

This is NOT a CLI, this is just a typewriter pullup, where one arm is straight and the other bent (the one that is not visible on the video) and when you are at the top you strighten the bent arm and the body moves to the other arm now bending (and the body moves like a typewriter

breaker

Yes really, his right arm isn't straight. Sorry.

chauinc

Camera angles can make anyone look strong. I really wish he was doing the CTI though. I'm also told that people in cique de solel do a CTI like move while climbing ropes. Do you think that is easier than on a bar or have they reached the pinnacle of strength?

theshrink

Like that?

chauinc

Thats a hollow back cool but not what i was looking for. Think hollow back with a straight back

StevenL

Somewhere, there is a picture of Jasper Benincasa doing a CTI. He has always claimed to have held it for 2-3 seconds. He also claims he has held an iron cross with a child hanging from his waist, and several other awesome feats.