Help on programming weekly schedule

Started by Peter Kanev, August 8, 2012 · 2 Replies · 5,121 Views

Peter Kanev

Dear brothers,

I have a short question; however, the answer is very important for me to know. What will be a good way to insert OAC/OAP training, Front Lever training, and Planche training in the weekly schedule. My current way of insterting these seems to be unefficient. I just need the following scheme...For example: Monday - OAC/OAP Tuesday - Planche and so on. I will make sure to incorporate the necessary basic strength exercises according to the new schedule you guys will help me establish (I hope so).

I'm very dedicated and train hard. Thank you in advance for your feedback. Respect from Bulgaria. :)

Kind Regards,

Kanev, Peter

Blairbob

Tricky. That would be advanced programming for advanced skills.

What are you currently doing now that isn't working out? How far are you along in the one arm pullup, FL, and PL? I take it you are working on a one arm hspu too or still at one arm pushup?

Peter Kanev

At the moment:

Monday: One-arm chins (not from deadhang) 3-5 on each hand (1 per "set")

then I do 5 negatives on each hand

then I do 4-5 sets of 20kg weighted pull-ups (7-8 reps per set)

after the OAC training I do some Planche training:

5 sets of advanced tuck planche holds

5 sets of HSPU

after Planche Training - Core training (dragon flags, weighted hanging leg raises, lower back exercises)

Wednesday:

3-5 OAC on each hand (not from deadhang) - 1 per set.

5 Front lever holds - I have the 20 second advanced tuck FL with ease and proper form, but I really struggle with the straddle front lever, so I do a varation that is something between advanced tuck and half front lever. Planche training (only dynamic exercises). 4 sets of 5 dips with 30kg, 4 sets of Bulgarian dips + core training

Friday:

OAC training without the weighted pull-ups + the same planche training as monday

Saturday: the same front lever training as wednesday but I tend to add an "indirect exercise" such as weighted pull-ups with the proper scapula position so that I target my lats more. The same dip stes as in wednesday + core training.

Sunday: Legs