How to progress now?

Started by Jan Vartovnik, August 8, 2012 · 3 Replies · 5,882 Views

Jan Vartovnik

Hi guys, i have question about progress in FBE.I have started gymnastics style training about 2 months ago and i'm doing steady state trainig as it is described in book.I have a dillema how to progress on some excercisess.For example rows, i was doing XR rows with feet on the ground for those 2 months and the next step should be XR rows with feet elevated which i was doing for last 2 workouts but they are too easy and i feel like it will be wasted training time doing them for next two months so my question is, shoud i jump to XR bulgarian rows or stick to XR rows with elevated feet?

Thx for any input :)

Andrew Long

I dont think a SSC is the best way to go with FBE's. I'd just increase once the current FBE becomes way to easy for you. so yea go for the bulgarians and once they are cake and the next FBE is tough but doable for a few reps, then move on.

Blairbob

Linear programming for FBE's. Josh/Slizzardman recommended a cycle of about 3-4 weeks for the same rep/set/volume I think once. Don't quote me on that.

Jan Vartovnik

ok thanks guys.im going to go for bulgarian rows now :wink: