Hello,I don't understand why my planche progression is going down.Two weeks ago I was able to hold 5X12s tuck planche good form and now I am strugling for 10s.I train my tuck planche monday and thursday only.Can someone help me?
Planche - Confusion
Started by Blazzy, August 2, 2012 · 9 Replies · 3,445 Views
Perhaps this is a sign of overtraining. Did you achieve 60 seconds on the bent-arm and advanced frogstands? How does the rest of your routine look?
Do you have rest weeks implemented into your routine (or weeks where you scale back the intensity and volume)?
Perhaps you can make a video of your tuck planche so we can see if you are performing it correctly.
Paradox said:Perhaps this is a sign of overtraining. Did you achieve 60 seconds on the bent-arm and advanced frogstands? How does the rest of your routine look?Do you have rest weeks implemented into your routine (or weeks where you scale back the intensity and volume)?
Perhaps you can make a video of your tuck planche so we can see if you are performing it correctly.
I dont have weeks when I scale back the intensity and volume but I take one week or rest.
I hope I am doing it right : http://youtu.be/5_YCyIksKlM
Hi,
Your Youtube video is private, so I cannot see it.
Paradox said:Hi,Your Youtube video is private, so I cannot see it.
Hey,now the video is available.
In addition to Zach, since the video was cut off at the beginning, it's hard to tell if you jumped into the position or if you leaned into it. Either way, here is a good post to help you out with leaning: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6448&start=15#p57581
Everytime I do my tuck planches I lean into them.I really should film from another angle because the camera was on my bed.
I am high enough when I do my tuck planches but from this bad angle it shows the opposite.
Zach Armijo said:It is a hard angle to see everything, but from what I can see is that you need to lean forward more. With your feet still on the ground, you should lean forward enough so that you start to feel your feet lift off the ground, at which point you will do so. The height you raise your feet in the video leads me to believe this is the case in that you are not leaning enough.
I made a new video from a better angle,hope this is good.The think I don't understand is why I can't hold 5 sets of 12s anymore.
Should I go and test my max hold and start over a new steady cycle ?
Yep, it looks like your scapulae sunk towards your back so strength with protraction might be your issue. From experience, planche leans are a tremendously good exercise. You can steady state this exercise as stated in the link in my earlier post.
Thank you all for the help.I will start doing planche leans and I will see what happens with my progress.