I know this method obviously works fine with weights because you can make exact adjustments, but could you still do it with un-weighted exercises?
In the book this is called "Modified PTTP" and it says:
"The PTTP cycle is designed for use with weighted exercises, however a simple, yet effective, modification allows the PTTP approach to be used with bodyweight movements. Rather than adjusting the weight to be used from week to week, simply move on to a harder variation of a movement each week. For example jumping dips to negative dips to PB dips to upper arm dips to Bulgarian dips to single bar dips to Korean dips to XR dips. The key here is to not perform maximum efforts with each variation, but to gradually increase the level of perceived effort as the weeks progress. Upon reaching a week where the level of perceived effort is too great and you fail, stop and take a break from training for the rest of that week. The following week begin the cycle again, only this time chose an exercise that is at least slightly harder than that of your last starting point."
Is this the only way it would work? Or can something else be done?
This doesn't seem too effective or even possible if you want to do it with HeSPU's for example. My max for HeSPU's stomach against the wall is 4 reps, but the next variations are elevated (I could do that) and then korean, korean with undergrip, etc. How am I supposed to jump from floor and elevated to korean? Or take push-ups for example. Same problem, 2 or 3 progressions later it's just too hard and completely out of reach.
Is there another way to train in a PTTP style and to get its benefits but somehow only manipulating reps for example or increasing the difficulty with less of a change as is floor HeSPU's to korean or PB HSPU's?
I guess my main question is how to PROGRESS like you do with PTTP with the exercises you can't add weight to, what's the best and fastest way to progress through them. Or, at least, how to get to the point where you can START to add weight to then use PTTP.
The FSP's are different and I understand you use a SSC with them and I read you shouldn't use SSC with FBE's because that's too slow so that's out.
The slizzardman pullup's routine (which I don't know if it could also be done with other exercises and at the same time with the pullups) looks like you progressively overload all the time, adding reps and reps and then adding weight. But wasn't it that "Progressive overloading produces diminishing, and ultimately zero, returns."?
Thanks.