Hey there, I'm 19 and train solely with calisthenics, or 100% bodyweight exercises only, and well I'm not *too much* of a rookie, as I could do 15 dips or pulls or chins, even in succesions like in a routine, but I could say I'm getting started right now, because I took some months off all training.
So I have my own set of parallel bars outside my house, but they're made of metal. My goals aren't to be a gymnast or perform all the skills they can, but what I would really like is to train like one. I'll buy some rings later too.
So my original question here was, is it bad to do as many reps as you can, mainly of parallel bars exercises like dips, pulls and chins? I heard gymnasts do like, 3! but how's that? It's just that I heard that when you're doing 15+ reps of any exercise, that then you're only training for *endurance*. What does that mean? Does that mean you no longer grow muscle that way?
I also train to failure because, like i said, i'm not aspiring to be a gymnast, just workout. Thanks in advance for any replies.