Training with a mouthguard.

Started by Eric Cohen, July 28, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,800 Views

Eric Cohen

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with doing the WODs while wearing a mouth piece. I'm getting back into MMA and have heard it's good practice to keep it in while conditioning.

Vega
cirenehoc said:
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with doing the WODs while wearing a mouth piece. I'm getting back into MMA and have heard it's good practice to keep it in while conditioning.

Go right ahead! I do mma also. When I boxed and was training for fights I only used my mouth guard when sparring. It's not necessary to keep it in other than to protect your pearly whites. Trust me the way the mouth guard is made it has a wide enough whole in between the top and bottom pieces (if you have a Everlast double mouth piece) so taking in air when your winded isn't hard; you should be pushing out air with every punch and I never needed to train with one in. Do what makes you more confident :)

Best wishes bro