This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120712 POSTED EARLY DUE TO GB AUSTRALIAN SEMINAR

Started by Coach Sommer, July 10, 2012 · 10 Replies · 1,728 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo Seated MU

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo HeS RLL

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Lsit Lift

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier CPP variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 214 for the FBE. For the Seated MU this equates to a 2 second ascent/concentric, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a 4 second descent/eccentric.

5) You may scale the workout by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

6) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Joseph Lajoie

Noob question here.

Do I complete three sets of the PL MU combo before moving on to the next combo

or do I run through the whole series kind of like a circuit before restarting? I know it says three sets each but then referring to the WOD as a giant set threw me off

Thanks

Vincent Stoyas

Finish each one three times before moving on to the next one.a giant set is referring to the embedded hold and its subsequent exercise only.

Joseph Lajoie

Thank you,

That is how I've been doing it. Just wanted to be sure

Eric Cohen

Wow, I feel stupid. I've been doing one after the next for the last year or so. Always thought a giant set were all 3 statics and FBEs combined.

Sven Ravnstag

I've been doing this wrong as well it seems. So you do three sets of PL+MU before moving on to BL+RLL?

Josh Schmitter
cirenehoc said:
Wow, I feel stupid.

Oh yes, I've been there...and by 'been' I mean sometime in the past 5 minutes. Also here's a link for more Giant set explanation: http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewto ... y&start=15

3 sets each, rx'd Rests:

15s Lsit 90/90 + 5 Tempo Dips/Pulls

15s GH Stretch on floor + 5 Tempo HeS RLL Straddle

15s Lsit Hang 90/90 + 5 Tempo Bent V-ups

10 BWW: Small ROM, brief touch. Kinda working Ido's Wall Bridge rotation.

Notes:

-Felt Lsit in abs/core very hard. Tempo Dips/Pulls were at 112(about 1/2 the rx'd for MU). Pulls were with 3 pallet bands, Dips were straight leg, foot support in front.

-Did GH stretch on floor as Bicep/Shoulders feeling it from ring WO statics( GH/PL Sup). HeS Straddle very rough, mostly in biceps. Prob. should have scaled down.

-Lsit Hang/Tempo V-ups freaking death on abs.

Regardless, still really stoked that my sleep has been pretty spot on for almost 2 weeks now, as well as my back feeling better than I can remember. Eating super clean for a while(2ish months now I believe) probably has something to do with it.

Vincent Stoyas
Steve Sisk said:
I've been doing this wrong as well it seems. So you do three sets of PL+MU before moving on to BL+RLL?

Yes, what you said is correct.

don't worry, I started off doing them wrong, too. Haha

stills284

Yeah, I'm in the doing-it-wrong-all-this-time group too...

atxmatteo

Don't feel bad if you have performed them incorrectly. As dictated by exercise science vernacular, performing the embedded exercise and then the subsequent exercise is a superset; to perform 3 sets of that before moving on to the next exercise dictates a straight set. A giant set involves the entirety of the routine, followed by rest and repeat for the rest of your sets. If gymnastics or Coach Sommer use the term differently, that's fine; it just confuses some people that are acclimated to the terms from previous weightlifting/exercise history.

polmod

ive been doing it wrong too for like 8 months o_O ...thanks for posting the question!