This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120709

Started by Coach Sommer, July 9, 2012 · 1 Replies · 978 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

6 Russian Dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

8 Korean Dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

12 Swinging Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1)Note that for today’s GB WOD, perform 2 Cast Wall Walks in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) If 2 Cast Wall Walks are too easy, you may increase the number of repetitions up to 4 or you may also substitute the most challenging STRAIGHT-ARM Press HS variation that you are capable of performing for 2 repetitions.

3) Scale the movements down as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement. This also means that if an rx’d movement is too easy, you may scale upwards as well.

4) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

Vincent Stoyas

Forgot to make a video for this one. I was to preoccupied wondering if the trainers at the gym were going to get mad at me for doing CWWs or not...

Anyways.

Completed 4 rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

6 PB Dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

8 XR Push Ups

2 Cast Wall Walks

12 push ups done as explosive as possible.

*NOTES*

First round went amazing. Cast Wall Walks went easily. The first round I had the dips and XR push ups switched around, I thought the dips would be more challenging, but they weren't so I switched them for the 2-4 rounds. First round XR Push ups went great too, nice tempo and had a nice turn out at the top, I also did clapping push ups the first round. After the clapping push ups is when things started to go south. I finished all of them, but at the start of the next round I was definitely feeling it.

Second round still went okay, i switched the dips and pushups as I said previously. I also got rid of clapping push ups and put normal explosive push ups.

Third round I was definitely feeling it. I cut the CWWs to 1 in between each exercise. Tempo for the XR push ups went out the window. I went down decently slow and push up as fast as possible. No turn out from here on out. Push ups were hard. Got to six, took a few breaths at the top, did 3 more, few more breaths at top positions and finished all 12.

Fourth round I felt like skipping entirely. It took a lot of will power for me to go through it. My single CWWs were hard. I felt my elbow bend slightly on one step each of the times. Never fell though, kept decent form. Dips were hard, but were the easiest. I felt like I got most of my rest from them. XR push ups I went up and down as fast as possible. Did 6 and stopped. 20 second or less break and did the last two. Push ups had lots of pauses at the top, never c ame out of push up position though.

Wow, I wrote a lot. I'm very surprised I did the entire workout though. I am very pleased with myself, I was dreading it all day long. Hopefully my subs were done fairly accurately. Sorry if you guys actually read everything here. Haha.