Blairbob said:I used RLL, just BW on a block next to PB while holding the PB rails helpful twice in 2010. 3-6 months without barbell work made my lower back weak when I got back under a bar.Mainly used them because Louie Simmons has gone on record of using them for his lower back issues. Unfortunately, the UC Berkeley Rec Gym did not have a reverse hyper. I did do some back extensions on the PB but also used a fair amount of PB and Ring swings purposely piking on purpose to loosen up my lower back that had tightened up BIG TIME.
Good Mornings could also be used. Again, light weight and super high reps.
As has been said, the super high reps allows for more blood flow which heals tissue.
I also looked into a lot of Yoga "snaking" for loosening up my lower back.
What about headstand RLL? Also, about the Yoga thing. Does pike stretches help?