Hey Guys,
I dont really understand the concept of intensity.
It sounds silly and I thought I did but in retrospect I may have mistaken something.
I mean, intensity is king for building strength. But when is something intense in terms of sets and reps in FBEs?
Or in concrete terms: Is it better for building strength to do 3 sets of 5 front lever pulls (for example) if your max for front lever pulls is 5-6 or to do 5 sets of 3 front lever pulls?
The first alternative FEELS intense and afterwards I feel quite exhausted but the second alternative is intense TO THE MUSCLES but wont exhaust me that much.
I just wonder whether it is optimal and necessary for building strength to be quite exhausted after your workout (except you are doing a back off week) or if it is a better approach to terminate your sets and workouts before going close to your max effort and feeling like you could have done more.
As a side note, I once read that it takes only one set of an exercise to trigger a growth response. Doing more would only delay recovery. Is that true?
Please keep in mind that Im solely talking about FBEs as I know this topic has been adressed for FSPs already ![]()