Hey guys
Here is a video of my tuck planche practice
Youtube link:
Embed:
PMOh7066chI
So, as you can see, I'm just breaking through into the flat tuck planche. I can hold a round (almost flat) planche for 20 or so second, that is the second clip in the video. Should I be doing longer sets of these, or should I be dong shorter sets and trying to lean more into a flat tuck?
I also noticed that my hips tend to be slightly above the line of my shoulder. Heres a crappy photo I made to ask this question:

In the left picture, my hips are slightly higher than my shoulder. Just looking at my hips, it looks like the red line represents the balance of weight through my body. However, do my tucked legs shift the balance down and make my distribution of weight the blue line? When I do a tuck planche like on the right I feel like my lower body is too low. So, should I do a flat tuck like on the left or right?
And, one last little thing about the tuck planche. I am extending my neck because I got in the habit of looking at the ground n front of me. Is this bad?
OK, onto the weighted pulls. I've found it easier to do pullups in which I'm slightly front-levered. If you look at the video of my 100 lb chinup my shoulders aren't completely open at the bottom. I also find pullups are slightly easier in the l-sit position, because of the way my torso leans back to counter the weight of my leg, which makes the pull feel different.
Anyway, thanks in advanced for comments/critique on any of these things, or even on the sumo deadlift at the end of the video ![]()