Strained Sternum- what to do?

Started by Evilllamas, June 22, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,971 Views

Evilllamas

Hi

I seem to have strained my sternum recently, through dips I think- probably through a not so good warm up, and having a slightly concave chest will not have helped matters.

Dips are now a bit painful for me, and a basic ring support hold causes some discomfort, handstands against the wall cause mild discomfort- however planche leans, front levers and other `pulling` exercises, seem to be fine.

What should I do to heal this.

I think I should omit and work involving a ring support or handstand, and back lever to be safe, for a few weeks- and then when it causes no pain/ discomfort- start doing ring supports as an FSP?

Would it be a good idea to continue with the other aspects of the routine, eg pull up variations.

Also, are there any stretches I should be doing?

Any help would be appreciated

Cole Dano

Yes that's a good course of action, just keep moving through a full range of motion, but not into discomfort.