Kipping and Swinging - Xtreme Rings

Started by Paradox, June 22, 2012 · 2 Replies · 8,803 Views

Paradox
NOTE: The Xtreme Rings are solely designed for controlled ring strength training and are NOT designed for kipping or swinging elements.

Hello. I recently read Coach Sommer's article on swinging dips. In the article, he explicitly stated that it is okay to perform these on the Xtreme Rings if one doesn't have parallel bars, etc. However, the above quote from the Products page led me to believe that the buckle on the rings could have a tendency to snap or let loose during these elements.

Does the above quote only refer to large swinging elements like giants and felge's? I just want to make sure it's perfectly alright to perform swinging dips.

And considering that, would it maybe be okay to practice basic kips to support? I of course understand that I take full liability :) though I would like some feedback.

EDIT: whoops, I guess this post belongs in the Equipment section, sorry.

Cole Dano

Swinging dips are totally different than Gymnastic Ring Kips and swings which place enormous demands on the support cables.

Swinging dips and support swings are A-Ok for Xtreme Rings.

Paradox

Very well. Thank you, Cole :).