Hello,
My name is Chaba and I'm obviously new to this site, which I accidentally found when I followed some leads on body weight exercise.
I know this sounds kind of odd to many but I have only really exercised consistently twice in my life - once for two months when I did the Body for Life challenge and just recently when I started again two moths ago. I always thought that I need to get all the right equipment together first before I could really do it right. Of course deep down it was just an excuse and I knew it.
Anyway, working out with freeweights and getting a Soloflex that I badly wanted made me realize that I really don't like weightlifting and what feels right for me is body weight exercise. I also like martial arts and that helped...
I never wanted to look like a bodybuilder and I always admired the skill gymnasts had. Hands down it is my favorite sport to watch come Olympics time.
Long story short, I have been using the "Weightless Workout" from the now defunct Health for Life and I managed to gain enough size within 2 months on my chest and arms that I get looks on the street which feels great because I never had that. Those Abercrombie shirts help too... :wink:
My goal is to get the skills that gymnastic exercises provide but I also want the size without waiting years to get it. I know that Coach Sommer says that "form follows function" but I'm not going to be an Olympic gymnast so I don't have to worry about the unwanted hypertrophy they face. As long as I can do the impressive stuff to the best of my ability I'll be happy. So I'd like to do all the stuff that gives me the gymnastic skills AS WELL AS the size. Additionally, I'll be doing Krav Maga but that's later.
Alright, I don't want to make this long so I will be posting some questions in separate threads and I would appreciate all the help you guys can give.
Thank you,
Chaba