Routine Advice Requested

Started by Joseph Carbone, June 14, 2012 · 0 Replies · 1,668 Views

Joseph Carbone

For starters, a little about myself. I am 53 years old, 5' 11" and 190lbs. I have been actively training for the past 25 years. During the past two years, predominantly with both kettlebells and a mixture of bodyweight exercises. Last spring, I purchased both the XR and BtGB. I have read the book several times and have dabbled in developing a workout plan while still maintaining parts of my kettlebell routine.

Unfortunately, a shoulder issue, minor tear and frozen shoulder diagnosis, has made me limit certain exercises with the kettlebells. That being said, I have developed a plan using the principles of BtGB that I am comfortable with and have seemed to help loosen up the stiffness in the shoulder.

Below is the plan that I have been using for several weeks now. I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions and comments-positive or negative that will help me move forward in getting stronger.

Day 1

FSP: L-Sit (4 X 15 sec)

Ring Support Hold (4 X 15 sec)

Back Lever (4 X 15 sec) Alt.

Front Lever (6 X 10 sec)

HS Hold (10 x 6)

FBE: Push - XR pushups (5 x 5)

Pull - XR Rows -Feet on Floor (5 x 5)

Jump Rope - 10 minutes (intervals)-speed rope

Day 2

FSP: L-Sit (4 X 15 sec)

Ring Support Hold (4 X 15 sec)

Back Lever (4 X 15 sec) Alt.

Front Lever (6 X 10 sec)

HS Hold (10 x 6)

FBE Pull ups (5x4)

HeSPU (5 x 1) Assisted TRX

Dips -PB (5 x 5)

Jump Rope -10 minutes (intervals)-weighted rope

Day 3

FSP: L-Sit (4 X 15 sec)

Ring Support Hold (4 X 15 sec)

Back Lever (4 X 15 sec) Alt.

Front Lever (6 X 10 sec)

HS Hold (10 x 6)

FBE HLL-tuck (3 x 5)

Curl ups (3 x 5)

Windshield wipers (3 x 5)

KB Double Front Squat 20 kg (3 x 5)

Jump Rope 10 minutes (intervals) -weighted rope

Day 4

FSP: L-Sit (4 X 15 sec)

Ring Support Hold (4 X 15 sec)

Back Lever (4 X 15 sec) Alt.

Front Lever (6 X 10 sec)

HS Hold (10 x 6)

FBE Ring Series 1 (3 X 1)

KB Swings- 20 kg x 10 x 15

Jump rope 10 minutes (intervals) - speed rope

Is this plan excessive, within the confines of the principles of BtGB or in needs of some form of modification? Thanks for your time and support. I am truly enjoying the XR. :D They make for an enjoyable yet interesting challenge.