Clarification

Started by robojames, June 13, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,716 Views

robojames

Hello everyone,

Just found this site a little while ago and I am now wondering where gymnastics training has been all my life! My parents never considered putting me into gymnastics training when I was young so now I am starting out at 26 y/o. I have the book, now I have some left-over questions:

I will be doing static hold only work for the time being as I am currently in another strength program. Am I supposed to perform *all* of the FSPs each training session (M,T,Th,F)? Or just pick a couple, such as Planche, L-sit, and FL training and do those each session? Or do I work on each hold on the different training days?

I also recently discovered that I have pretty severe shoulder flexibility issues and am currently seeing a physio for, I can't raise my arms directly overhead so HS work will be challenging. Has anyone here had issues with this and were able to re-hab the shoulders to be able to perform the HS? Any tips?

Thanks!

James N

Rik de Kort

If you're doing the 50% of your max protocol as outlined in the book, you can do them all. Be sure you get your prerequisites first (sticky in the getting started forum).