Removed.
Seeking Clarification of Some Details
Started by Ronald Istrat, June 11, 2012 · 2 Replies · 3,896 Views
I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.
1) Generally, the FSP warm up should be carried out only the the work out days, with about 2-4 sets per each static. But it can depend. I workout 7 days a week, using a mutated version of Coach Sommer's WOD. 3 of those days (Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday) are leg strength days so I chooe not to do my FSP's on these days. I also "grease the groove" my front lever for about 4 sets every day.
2) It depends on If you are following a Steady State Cycle, in which case the FSP's you are steady stating are in the warm up for sub maximal sets.
3) 3x60 seconds is only recommended for the basic pre-requisite static exercises (plank, hollow, arch hold, dead hang, support, reverse plank). When you have attained 3x60 seconds on those exercises, you move onto the l-sit progressions and the pre-requisite statics become a part of your warm up - whereby you only do a 60 set for each pre-req static and then begin your l-sit work. When you have 3x60 second l-sit, it's time to being some of the more advanced FSP's, like front lever, back lever, manna, straddle-l, v-sit, side lever, and planche. For the advanced statics, you only need 1 set of 60 seconds before moving up a progression.
4) Err, I can't answer this.
5) Yes, please don't do your FSP's in the cool down! Don't forget pre-hab and mobility work.
6) Max hold time applies to the point at which you lose perfect form. For example, if I'm testing my flat tuck front lever and my back starts to round at 15 seconds - that's it! 15 seconds is my max hold.
7) I'm not sure. I prefer joint rotations in that time and completely focusing my mind on the movement I'm working on. You need to keep warmed up in those 7 minutes. For only 3 minute or less rest times, you don't need to worry about your body beginning to cool down.
8) For everyone, Steady state cycles are king. They are really great for any progression in most any dynamic or static movement.
9) You can always scale them to any level. If it asks for XR PPP pushups, then do standard push ups. If you can't do standard pushups, then do them on your knees. If not knees, then incline. If not incline, then wall. There are however, some days in the WOD where it will be impossible to scale it, such as handstand press days. On these days, I just substitute in skills that I still need to learn, such as muscle up's, one arm chin work, bucket circles, or just normal handstands.
I know some of these answers were quite ambiguous. There is too much information to type! I can detail specific forum links for whatever is confusing.
4. I've never seen this recommended anywhere. Just go with 3x a week and go from there. Your body can take it if you listen to it.
8. Nah, I'd do FBEs normally, increasing reps when I can (with perfect form of course) and moving up a variation when I can get 3x3-5 reps in the next variation.