Bert Assisrati

Started by Andrew Komarnyckyj, June 11, 2012 · 6 Replies · 3,360 Views

Andrew Komarnyckyj

Hi, I'm posting this just to inspire and interest other GB trainees.

Bert Assirati was a wrestler and strongman who trained in a number of different modalities. Now, to a gymnast some of his bodyweiht feats such as his one armed handstand, one armed pullup and iron cross might not seem that impressive...but when you take into account the fact that his bodyweight was 265lb, well, I think it becomes another matter. Here's a link to some information about him. Check out the photo of the one armed handstand. I wonder if you'll be as amazed as I am.

Then consider...an 800lb deadlift with no steroids and probably no support gear.

http://www.bertassirati.com/strenghts.php

Rik de Kort

Bert Assirati was one of those guys... you know, those super freaking awesome guys from the old days.

Andrew Komarnyckyj

Yeah, I know, I have to agree...

garden

Marvin Eder is another one of those amazing strength athletes and bodybuilders from around that time. His feat are absolutely incredible and awe-inspiring.

Among his feats of strength are (at a bodyweight of 190-200 lbs, and at 5'8 ft):

-Bench Press of 500 lbs

-8 one-arm chins on each arm~this is the one i find most unbelievable...at any weight, let alone 200 lbs, this feat is incredible.

-sets of 50 reps with 300 lbs in 'deep knee bends', ie, squats

-wide-grip chinups with 200 lbs attached and 80 reps of wide grip unweighted

-deadlift of 665 lbs, though apparenty he didn't do this lift often

-A dip with 430 lbs attached...two people hung on to his legs as he did a dip.

There's an interview of him at bodybuilding.com:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson304.htm

He also had what I would consider one of the most impressive physiques of that time. And of course, this was all done without the use of steroids, growth hormone, etc.

John Grimek was also one of those phenoms of strength of that time, as was Doug Hepburn, Arthur Saxon, etc. You can find a lot of cool info. and books/courses b them here:

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/

I think this all goes to show just how incredible human limits are.

Andrew Komarnyckyj

I never heard of Marvin Eder before today - but I've just followed your link and discovered he was a beast!!

Rik de Kort
garden said:
Marvin Eder is another one of those amazing strength athletes and bodybuilders from around that time. His feat are absolutely incredible and awe-inspiring.

Among his feats of strength are (at a bodyweight of 190-200 lbs, and at 5'8 ft):

-Bench Press of 500 lbs

-8 one-arm chins on each arm~this is the one i find most unbelievable...at any weight, let alone 200 lbs, this feat is incredible.

-sets of 50 reps with 300 lbs in 'deep knee bends', ie, squats

-wide-grip chinups with 200 lbs attached and 80 reps of wide grip unweighted

-deadlift of 665 lbs, though apparenty he didn't do this lift often

-A dip with 430 lbs attached...two people hung on to his legs as he did a dip.

There's an interview of him at bodybuilding.com:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson304.htm

He also had what I would consider one of the most impressive physiques of that time. And of course, this was all done without the use of steroids, growth hormone, etc.

John Grimek was also one of those phenoms of strength of that time, as was Doug Hepburn, Arthur Saxon, etc. You can find a lot of cool info. and books/courses b them here:

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/

I think this all goes to show just how incredible human limits are.

Hello, Lucas. :P

Andrew Komarnyckyj

Who is Lucas?