New Routine

Started by Daniel Burnham, June 10, 2012 · 0 Replies · 1,811 Views

Daniel Burnham

Hey guys Im having to stop doing the gymnastic bodies WOD due to only having one day in the gymnastic gym.

Currently I can workout 4 days of the week. On thursdays I go to a gymnastic gym and tend to do a ton of skill work as well as working on things I can't usually do (swings, some tumbling, etc).

So right now I have a couple of thoughts and hope to get some feedback from those who might have tried something similar.

Idea 1:

split routine similar to the killroy with accumulation and intensification cycles

week 1: 3x5 intense.

week 2:5x5 accum.

week 3: 5x3 intense.

week 4: 3x8 accum.

Sunday: emphasis on Handstand Pressing & pullup variations & leg

Monday: emphasis on dips & curling motions (yewkies/ reverse muscle up work) & core

Wed: pushups & rowing again leg

Thurs: skill day

Idea 2:

Non linear program focusing on dynamic strength, strength conditioning, and static days. Alternating weeks with emphasis on planes of motion.

might use either using 3 or 4 days a week

Monday: Statics and (low rep) (long TUT) bent arm

Tues Hypertrophy

Thurs: skill at gym (dynamic emphasis) (ring strength circuits)(usually end up doing a good bit of statics too)

Friday: Lower body: focus on o-lifting or supporting strength lifts depending on the week.

I would do cycle through the planes of motion as follows:

week 1:

Strength: dips & pushups / rows

hypertrophy: handstand pressing/ pullups

Skills: Parallel bar swings/ kips etc...

Week 2:

Strength: handstand pressing/ pullups

hypertrophy: dips & pushups / rows

skills: handstand presses ring swings

Sorry this is so long. Any input you guys could provide would be awesome.