Hello Ladies and Gents,
Today I tried some "Hollow" Headstand Pushups by placing my hands as close to a wall as possible and kicking up into a "back to wall" position but then tried to get my butt to touch the wall and upper back to touch the wall as well, making my body as straight as I can to emulate a "Hollow" handstand position despite it not being perfect it's close.
I then proceeded to do a set of headstand pushups this way and Holy Crap, I could only bust out 3 MAX with a ton of effort, while I can do around 8 solid reps of "Arched headstand pushups" A.K.A the one from Convict Conditioning. I did not expect a hollow handstand pushup to be so much harder.
Is this normal? It's a ridiculous difference, made me feel like an utter weakling. Also another question, is a "Back to wall" handstand a good enough way to train hollow headstand pushups? I try to keep my body in as straight of a line as possible and keep my shoulders pushed back or "opened" as some gymnasts would like to call it, and try to keep my glutes and upper back as close to the wall as I can, however I cannot lay my lower back completely flat against the wall and I hope this is reasonable. I cannot work stomach to wall handstands because I fell once and being 6'1 it wasn't a pretty fall, and I was afraid ever since because I injured my tailbone that way.
I appreciate any comments

