Right now I train the back lever, front lever, l-sit, and handstand during my fsp warmup. Eventually, I want to start training the planche, straddle L, and then the manna. Once I can hold full levers, and my l-sit for 60 seconds, how do I change my training so that I can train those other holds but not lose my levers? At first I was thinking I'd just get.them all up to 60 seconds but then I realized that a 60 second front lever could be a while in the making :wink: So how do I hold on to my progress without practicing 7 FSPs?
FSPs
Started by Ian Myers, June 1, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,238 Views
I'd go for 15s BL and 10s FL before putting them on maintenance mode. You can do each skill you got once a week in your workout to maintain, or you can work progressions that go beyond the skill, so you keep the gains.
You can also throw easier variations into your warmup, or even the skill itself if you're that strong.
so for example i'd insert a 6x10s front lever routine into my fsps(along with the others like back lever)? \
Thanks! ![]()
6x10 is a lot of volume on such a hard exercise, but, yeah, that's the idea. As long as it's easy for you. So you could put something like 3x10s straddle FL (as warmup). Or you can do 6x10s full FL once a week as part of your FSPs.