ssc for wods

Started by Ian Myers, May 31, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,817 Views

Ian Myers

Hey guys, I couldn't figure this out, but here it goes.I follow an ssc for about 2 months, I'm currently on 14s straddle fl, 20s l-sit, etc. I do the wods, and am not sure whether I should do the same for them. For example, if in the first week of my ssc I do a wod with 7 reps of an fl row and end up doing 7 reps of flat tuck fl rows, should I leave this the same for the whole ssc? So then 6 weeks later When I do the same wod, would I still do 7 reps of flat tuck fl rows or if I'm stronger should I do for example 7 straddle rows? Does solid state cycling only apply to fsps or does it apply to the fbe's in the woods too?

Thanks in advance!

Ian Myers

Another question, Does anyone know the schedule for the wods? Like how long the loading, deloading, and overloading phases last, and the order of the specific wods? I got for my schedule

handstand work

pulling

Rings

Embedded

Handstand work

pushing

rings

embedded

pulling

Handstand

rings

embedded

pushing

but I didnt include the leg wods. Sorry if this is too much :oops:

Cole Dano

I'm not sure there is one right answer for this.

Here is what I was doing -

Working current step of FL independently. You can do this at the front of your workout or at an entirely different time.

This is not the same as a warm up, which is done at around 50% capacity.

For the WODs that prescribed FL etc I would normally do a variation of FL on the rings. (Not all the earlier steps involve rings.)