Pike press handstand

Started by Makaveli, May 23, 2012 · 5 Replies · 7,698 Views

Makaveli

I want to learn the pike press handstand. It seems impossible to lift the legs like that. While placing my hand and leaning forward I can`t even lift my legs one inch. Witch muscles needs to be strengthened? I assume that hamstring flexibility is also essential.

Any tip would be very appreciated!!

Brutus

Can you actually do a solid press to headstand?

How is your Box press Handstand?

bnMcfh7gkQ0

That would be pre-requisites

Mikko Saks

Start by doing headstand presses, wall presses, and eventually slow controlled negatives. Also work on your hamstring flexibility. First you should learn to press from straddle.

There are numerous threads on the topic, read them.

Makaveli

Ok, thanks!

Brutus, Im not sure I know t´what you mean by solid press from headstand. The box press shown in the video is impossible for me at the time.

Brutus
Makaveli said:
Ok, thanks!

Brutus, Im not sure I know t´what you mean by solid press from headstand. The box press shown in the video is impossible for me at the time.

I was trying to say that you won´t be able to do a press to handstand if you haven´t managed a perfect and controlled press to headstand or box press to Hs

Makaveli

Brutus, ok thanks for the help. I think i know now where to begin and what to focus on.