First Post, Newbie

Started by danirdd92, May 18, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,613 Views

danirdd92

Hello, my name is Dani, 20 years old, and I'm new to gymnastics. I serve in the Israeli army, as a fighter.

I really want to get started with what you have to offer, a friend of mine brought your book, and I'm gonna read it this week. My goals are to condition myself to gymnastic standards. I don't have rings and I don't plan on having them. I'm more interested in the benefits of your approach then gaining skills of gymnasts. I do however, want to be able to do various strength feats like one hand pullups, planche etc..

My goals are to gain strength and increase muscle tone w/o the use of weights, strengthen my tendons (!!!), become more flexible and more healthy.

How should I get started?

FREDERIC DUPONT

These are great goals Dani, welcome to the forum :)

Quick Start Test Smith

Dani, you should read the stickied threads in the Getting Started and Basic Strength sections of this forum. Also consider reading through Joshua Naterman's posts here because he has provided a lot of helpful information on getting people started.