Hey everyone,
Short is that I've operated my meniscus on the left knee and operating the meniscus on my right knee late May.
Bought a couple of rings three weeks ago and started training with them nearby where I live.
I am training with what I can and afterwards my plans are to develop high levels of gymnastic strength.
This post is meant for feedback and advice on how I am planning to progress ![]()
Firstly nutrition:
I swallow three raw eggs right after training and eat fish for dinner everyday. Breakfast and lunch
is oatmeal with milk. Varying it up with soup and more vegetables, though that is basically it.
Nowadays I am eating a lot of fish thanks to some fish campaigns at the nearby food store.
Starting as an Engineer in August so that will bump up my nutrition for more variations^^
Warming up:
Normally I stretch the muscles on all sides and do wrist rolls and shoulder rolls to warm up the core etc.
That is is, sometimes I combine it with having a walk before hand to get the blood pumping more.
Main training:
I've got two days, Wednesday and Saturday for ring training and Monday and Friday for bicycling for
rehab meniscus. I start with 3x60 sec supports, and switching it up for 3x20 sec support with L - Sit knees tucked.
Working up to the full L - sit.
Next is dip variations. I watched the Korean dip and combined it with the rings which basically amounts to 2x2 with good
technique. I am building all my sets for 3x5 max and then I advance for more challenging variations. After that set I
begin with a Bulgarian Dip, then a Korean Dip and then a Bulgarian Dip to add variation and make it a 3 set with dips.
Next I got pull ups and chin ups. Working myself for the false grip and muscle up. I started doing purely pull ups and then purely chin ups. Now I've begun with alternating pull ups and chin ups with 4x4. Focusing on good technique rather than many repetitions here. I alternate with beginning with the pull up or chin up on the starting position as it brings different challenges for the wrist and shoulder movements when stabilising between them.
Lastly I hang from the rings for 30 sec in a pull up and chin up direction for building static again.
Is it better for me to add in dips with the negative false grip now or should I continue with this a couple of more weeks? The Korean really pushes me on the rings.
Should I add five second holds when I am on the top of pull ups or depths of dips, it makes it highly more challenging?
Next I am going for the Curl and Back lever.
I've got rows and push ups, though I am holding it back until my operation is done and both knees are getting in top shape again. I am going for the long run with ultimately getting my own training room once I build a house with a ring setup.
Am I progressing normally, should I begin with other exercises?
My main goals in exercises are Iron Cross, Muscle Up and the Manna. As I am building for those I am glad ![]()
Thanks for all feedback beforehand ![]()
![]()